The Ultimate Guide To Breast Lift Tape: How to Use & Style
Blog written by B-Six.
How many times have you put a great outfit back in the closet or decided not to buy it because your boobs wouldn't look great in them? Nowadays, people are coming up with great ways to avoid outfit mishaps and still pull off a great look.
One of the best-kept garment securing secrets for plunging necklines is breast lift tape. Many people, including celebrities like Cardi B and Kim Kardashian, have tried and successfully pulled the nip-to-shoulder approach. However, some ladies can't seem to figure out the right way to apply it.
Here is everything you need to know about boob tape and how you can make it work for you.
What is breast lift tape and how does it work?
Boob tape is just what it sounds like— a fabric strip made from adhesive, designed to keep the breast in an upright position. Breast lift tape is a better alternative to going braless—but how exactly does it work?
Boob tape works by supporting your breasts by taping them to the shoulders, keeping them in your desired position creating cleavage or holding them in a lifted shape way. The tape creates a lift by pushing your breasts together for a more enhanced cleavage or lifting them slightly together.
The adhesive on the fabric is pretty strong, and aims at giving you the full perky breast when wearing a bra isn't an option. Breast tape comes in handy for all sorts of styles that involve wearing a low cut, plunging neckline, strapless, triangle-shaped or tricky top.
Before Applying Breast Lift Tape
It can be tricky to apply boob tape if it’s your first time. Here are some tips before applying breast lift tape.
1. Start with a Patch Test
The skin around the breast is very sensitive and prone to irritation. The last thing you want to deal with is rashes or soreness in the name of fashion.
Before you begin taping, you need to check whether your skin is sensitive by doing a patch test on your arm or leg. If it doesn't cause any irritation, you can comfortably apply the tape to your breasts and wear for hours.
2. Clean and Dry the Breast Area
Take a shower first and dry yourself well before you apply boob tape. Drying your skin ensures that the tape sticks well and for longer.
It’s important to note that you should avoid applying any lotions or oils before using breast tape. Slippery substances will prevent the tape from adhering to your skin, causing a flop.
Does boob tape work on every fabric?
Boob tape works on most fabrics. However, you should always check your tape to make sure it can hold the type of fabric you’re wearing. Heavier fabrics such as wool and denim may require a stronger tape to stay in place. On the other hand, tape with a strong adhesive can damage lighter fabric such as silk, satin, and chiffon. Velvet and embellished fabrics are also tricky to use body tape with. Luckily, B-Six’s breast lift tape can be cut into strips and layered for extra support.
Can you wear boob tape with a bathing suit?
Yes! Nippies breast tape is water resistant, allowing you to wear it under your favorite bathing suit. It styles great with one or two piece bathing suits.
Is boob tape the same as body tape?
No, boob tape is not the same as body tape. Fashion tape, body tape, double-sided tape, boob tape — we know it’s overwhelming.
The differences between boob tape and body tape include:
- Breast lift tape/Boob tape: Is designed to give your breasts extra support and lift when going braless.
- Body tape: Designed to secure your clothing and prevent fashion mishaps.
Is boob tape comfortable to wear?
Not all boob tape is made the same. However, the breast lift tape from B-Six is designed for all-day comfort. It is flexible enough to move with you while keeping your bra straps or clothing securely in place. You won’t even notice it’s there!
Does breast tape work on large breasts for support?
Yes! If you are busty, breast lift tape will provide support for larger breasts.
To start, ensure that your breasts are leveled in the position you like. Apply strips of the tape using the under-bust over-the-shoulder approach. Be sure to use enough strips to hold breasts in place.
How to Use Breast Tape for Low-cut, Strapless, and Other Tricky Dresses
Visible bra straps and nip slips can be a nightmare, especially when wearing certain types of dresses or tops. Here's how to apply breast tapes for different types of dresses.
Plunging Neckline and Backless Dress
- Measure the length from the top of shoulder to beneath your breast.
- Cut three pieces of tape of the same length and begin applying it from the bottom of your breast to the shoulder. Ensure you press it hard as you apply to ensure it is securely placed.
- Repeat the process on the other side.
Bandeau and Strapless Dress
- Cut three strips of boob tape the same length as the width of your chest.
- Begin applying the first strip from one side of your breast. Ensure you press it down as you move towards the other side. While doing this, ensure you have leaned forward and pushed your breasts together if you want to get more lift.
- Repeat the process with the remaining two strips and ensure you add more beneath your breast for a more upright position. Ensure the tape is not visible on your back or the side.
Low Cut Dresses
- To start, hold your breasts in the position you want them.
- Apply the first strip of tape from below your breast as you move along your bust line and ensure you pull as much to hold your breast in place.
- Apply another strip vertically on the outside of your breast as you push the breast inwards to form a cleavage. You can also apply another strip vertically close to the strip on your nipple and near the breast bone to define your shape.
Triangular Shaped Tops
- Cut strips of the breast lift tape and use them to create two separate bra cup sizes.
- Hold your breasts in the desired position and start applying smaller strips horizontally, starting from the bottom of the boob towards the nipples to create a "mermaid cup."
Make sure you create cleavage by pulling the tapes upwards and inwards.
Tips for Removing Boob Tape
Nippies Breast Tape is made from premium nylon and medical-grade adhesive which is gentle on even the most sensitive skin types. Making it comfortable and easy to remove. Use the following tricks when removing the tape:
- Take a hot water bath/shower — the steam will help loosen the tapes and weaken the adhesive.
- Apply baby oil or any other household oil on the tape to soak off
Breast lift tape allows women to have different options for outfits they otherwise wouldn't attempt for lack of the right bra. However, like everything new, many struggle to apply boob tape right way.
Every woman has a preferred technique for wearing bras and boob tapes are no different. While it may be tricky at first, practice makes it better, and with our tips and tricks, your first time won't be as difficult. Shop with us today for a wide range of boob tape choices and nipple covers, and wear your cup size with pride.