2022 Festival Outfit Ideas: How to Create the Perfect Look
Blog written by B-Six.
Summertime is upon us, and festival season is in full swing. From Rolling Loud to Lollapalooza and Bonnaroo, festival lineups are being announced after a year of cancellations. But whether you’re headed to Electric Daisy Carnival or Travis Scott’s Astroworld Festival, what matters even more than the lineup is your festival outfit. Festival fashion is a one-of-a-kind category, and with 2021 free of festival fashion inspiration, we are overdue for a trend reset. The 2022 festival season is the perfect time to give your festival clothing an upgrade with new styles to celebrate the return of live music!
How should I dress for a music festival?
The upside of dressing for music festivals is that the options are endless. However, going bold is always the best idea because after a year of staying indoors, why not show off? Megan Thee Stallion said it’s a “hot girl summer.” Re-enter the festival scene with a knockout look she would approve of! Here are the top festival trends for 2022 that are sure to make you stand out:
1. Mesh Tops
- Made in a variety of cuts and styles, mesh tops are a great way to look stylish at a festival. Their light, see-through fabric makes them perfect for keeping cool in the summer while a long-sleeve or turtleneck style is great for a fall or winter festival. Take the mesh trend a step further by pairing your top with nipple pasties. B-SIX’s Nippies Style collection features hearts, stars, and crosses in a variety of textures, patterns, and colors to add bold style to your festival outfit.
2. Asymmetric Cut-outs
- Unique cut-outs have been spotted on the runway and are now making their way to festival fashion. While they’ve been placed on the shoulder in the past, cut-outs are now everywhere from the back to the stomach and across the chest. Cut-out styles add instant edge to any look and make standout pieces for both EDM and traditional music festivals.
- Nostalgia is still fueling trends across industries, and fashion is no exception. Baggy, bootcut, or flared pants, acrylic jewelry, mini skirts, and fanny packs are all making their way from the street, to high fashion, to fast fashion retailers and online secondhand apps. Rocking a Y2K-inspired look is an easy way to be on-trend and fashionable this festival season.
4. Psychedelic Prints
- This spring, trend forecasting agency, WGSN, reported trippy patterns, waves, and swirls as a trend to watch. Similar to asymmetric cut-outs, they’ve been seen increasingly on catwalks, fashion influencers, and online boutiques. More often than not, these prints are found on mesh tops and bottoms, creating the perfect blend of two of the year’s top trends. Our Nippies Basic breast pasties look great under sheer tops with bold prints.
What should I wear to a rave?EDM festival style is full of loud, colorful, and often barely-there style. Depending on your personal style and preferences, you can create a wide variety of looks with combinations of unique, stylish pieces. Here are four ideas for EDM festival outfits:
- Create a simple, yet stylish look with a bra top and matching mini skirt. Bonus points for metallic fabric or flashy psychedelic prints.
- Put the Y2K trend into practice with an underbust corset, nipple pasties, and baggy, printed pants. Try this look if you prefer more coverage on the bottom half of your body.
- Raves get hot and sweaty. Keep cool with a bodysuit, nipple pasties, and your favorite accessories.
- If you like more coverage on top, opt for a crop top and shorts. This pairing is classic, cute, and comfortable for long festivals or raves.
What should I wear to a festival if it’s cold?
The best way to stay warm during chilly fall and winter festivals is to opt for more coverage. Pair your bodysuit with high-waisted pants or leggings, pull on some boots, or wear an overshirt to cover your arms if you’re wearing nipple pasties. If you’re wearing a mesh top, choose a long-sleeve or turtleneck style and use pasties stickers to cover your nipples.
What should I bring to a festival?
Non-negotiable festival must-haves are the essentials: your phone, money, ID, and keys. Always check bag requirements for the festivals you attend. Some only allow clear bags while others have specific dimensions of bags you can carry. Bring an empty water bottle to fill up at refill stations and don’t forget any important medications. You didn’t spend money on festival tickets to spend time in a medical tent!
What should I wear to cover my nipples?
B-SIX’s Nippies are the perfect addition to your festival outfit! Our pasties stickers come in a variety of styles that can be worn alone or under clothing. Check out our favorite Nippies collections that feature standout breast pasties for your upcoming EDM and music festivals:
- Perfect for making a fashion statement, the Nippies Style collection features classic nipple pasties silhouettes in unique colors, patterns, and textures. Their material is stretchy, soft, and waterproof, making them the perfect choice for hot summer festivals and sweaty raves. We recommend the Electra Cross Nippies to complete a Y2K inspired, glittery pastel festival outfit.
- The Nippies Basic breast pasties come in classic styles and colors and look great alone or paired with solid or printed mesh tops. Like the Nippies Style collection, they are waterproof and feature soft, stretchy, breathable fabric.
* All of our Nippies come in two sizes for custom coverage.
Where can I buy festival pasties?
You can purchase pasties for your upcoming festival or rave at B-Six.com.
Breast pasties are the perfect way to make a statement at any upcoming festival or rave! Pairing them with mesh tops, Y2K inspired pieces, tops, bodysuits, and dresses with asymmetric or unique cut-outs, or psychedelic prints is an easy way to make your grand re-entry to the festival circuit. Don’t hold back on style and live your best life. No matter what festival you attend or what season it is, show up, show out, and have fun!